Thursday, April 06, 2006

From Rejection to Reward


This has been a really weird day for me. I got absolutely no writing done at all. After going to bed at 5 a.m., I got up at 10 a.m. to get ready for the day. First task, drop my brother at the airport. Second task, which was actually a pleasure, found me at my favorite bookstore in town where I bought Christine Feehan's, Dark Demon, an anthology including Kim Harrison, Lynsay Sands, Kelley Armstrong, and Lori Handeland entitled, Dates From Hell and last but never least, Angela Knight's Master of Wolves, which I have been impatiently waiting for. Third task, grocery etc. shopping at the local Walmart, where I used to work, lol, and then as a treat, I stopped at Friches for a Big Boy and onion rings. Yummy! By the time I got home it was almost 5 p.m., twelve hours gone by in my day and not one spent in front of my computer. That's major weird for me.

As it turns out, when I turned on my computer and the e-mail starting clamoring for attention, I almost wish I'd foregone the pleasure of sitting at my desk again. There awaiting me, was a rejection from the first agent I've ever queried about representing me. "Sigh." Before I opened the e-mail I said a quick prayer. "Please, God, no matter what it says, help me to remember that I'm a good writer, that there are people out there who like what I write." Well, all I can say is, He was listening. When I checked my Kate Steele e-mail addy, there was a message from Romance Reviews Today. They had given my book "The Orb of Atrios" their award for Best Book of 2005 in the Erotic Romance catagory!!

I am walking on air. And as for that not so great news, well, we all have to take the good with the bad. Yes? Have a great day everyone.

Kate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home